Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bummer :|

Back when i was in high school i remembered visiting my cousin's house after school every day and grab the next batch of Goosebumps he was collecting. I got addicted and even thought of collecting some, but the idea died when i found out every book costs about less than 300. So, when i got to my 4th year in high school. I joined a club, the book throwers club. I know, it would be lovely if they named it that way. Honestly, its name was "The Book LOVERS Club." It wasn't my ideal choice. I joined only for the reason that, the meeting place was right beside our room. Call me lazy, I’ll take it.


The whole thing about that club was-- all you have to do is read books, and evidently more until the year ends. I read only one, the mystic river. It wasn't the typical book that i used to read where the author adds a bit of humor to negate boredom from the readers. It was serious, dead serious. A classic page turner, mystery and a thrilling experience that gets you pumped up for what's coming.


Last Saturday, I borrowed a novel from Row . No, wait, i took it from her shelf and asked her permission after i read the whole thing. :D

The book was entitled Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment. Fiction. But I’m not sure though it falls on the category of sci-fi. Since when i hear the word itself, “stars wars” rings the bell. Err.. Wait, I’m 90% positive now that it’s scifi since genetics and a half-man half-bird is related to science. I think… Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not entirely a book worm or some sort of a geek that enjoys reading books, like a lot. I do actually read, occasionally, when I’m bored and the internet's dead or DC.


The last time i read a novel, (I guess that was Candles Burning by Tabitha King and Michael McDowell) I end up flipping through the pages, my eyes scanning or just looking for something exciting and reluctantly receiving every bit of details. Then tossing the novel and it landed hard with a thud.


You can't just throw a book when you get bored to death from reading it.



OF COURSE I CAN, I JUST DID.



So, maybe I got carried away and books don’t really deserve to be treated that way…

OKAY, YOU WIN CONSCIENCE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment