Saturday, September 25, 2010

Heritage Tour






The sea always makes me realize something, yet it failed to appease me yesterday. I can't help it, the familiar feeling of calmness just wasn't there. Most of the day, although no one would know it, my mind was engaged in thoughts and images far from what lies before me or from what i'm saying. It was upsetting, looking at the horizon and vast waters, pretending it was nothing more than a common scenery.




Carcar: St. Catherine of Alexandria Parish

Our first stop, Carcar, St. Catherine of Alexandria Parish Church. It was my first time, clearly, I've never been into a heritage church at the south part of Cebu. We stayed there like for an hour or less, sight seeing and observing its architectural structure. I barely stayed outside, the weather was hot and sticky.








old swimming pool behind the museum




Sibunga: Nuestra SeƱora del Pilar Church

If my memory serves me right, this is the church were i got pooped by a bird. Yes, unfortunately for me the bird may have mistakenly thought that i was...uhhh...a creature that deserves to get shat? Yes. The church itself was like a nesting place or may have been there gathering place. They were all flying at the ceiling, chirping and were flying in circles. I couldn't imagine how local church goers handle the distracting birds right above them. Anyhow, they said it would bring me luck (the poop). I doubted, I wouldn't think after getting shat by a bird by just visiting an old church is the right welcome greeting they could come up for me. :(
















Argao- St. Michael Archangel Parish

Argao is the place to be, when you wanna be OL for the rest of your life. Wifi Zone and it's all free. It was such a relief when our instructor didn't gave us any troublesome activities during the trip. Knowing that'll ruin the whole process of the tour, having fun and just doing nothing except taking some pictures of the structures and odd looking symbols engraved on the walls.











Dalaguete: St. Gallermo Church

I had goosebumps as i entered this church, there was a funeral going on. Yet it wasn't an obstacle for my fellow schoolmates to take vain pictures of them or even take a glimpse inside the coffin. Mortifying indeed. In front of this church is a stretched out lawn or something i don't know how to describe it. Basically, it's a park or something and across the park is the beach. I bet it's a nice view in the morning, as you watch the sun rise at the east.



















Boljoon: Patrocinio De Maria Church

The church was built with a museum at the left side: artifacts, old vestments, a huge hole at the wall where they said they have dug a treasure or something, old bones of buried people, old pots, pieces of jewelries, old journals and books, and primitive tools. The Church shows old and intricate carvings and base relief, it is in a pseudo-baroque rococo style and is made of coral stones and hard wood. The church Patrocinio de Maria is the oldest remaining original church in Cebu.










Our last stop...












Humanities 7:30 - 8:30 MWF class




2 comments:

R said...

maypa mo eun.. sa among humanities kay nagsige ra mig tan-aw ug films. intawn. who likes 1940s films? not me.

Ace Midlife Ennui said...

nobody does... hahaha! mapugos nalang.
btaw roj, we were lucky to have a tour pero during ani we weren't really enjoying it at all kay init kaayo.

Post a Comment