Monday, June 20, 2011

Vista Mar Escapade


When my cousin decided to buy a DSLR. Right away, he was really hooked about the whole thing about photography. Purely he said it'd pretty much be his new hobby. I can't blame him, taking pictures with that badass camera would really make you get into the business. Well, he hasn't really asked for any compensation for his shots. So anybody who wants to get their pictures taken, whether it has something to do with celebrations, events or just a photoshoot with friends and family. He'll accept the job.

When we arrived at the first spot where we planned the photoshoot somewhere in Cordova owned by a foreigner, I was really in awe with the place, it has a swimming pool and a huge slide. Clearly, it was a good spot for a session but the owner didn't allow us to take pictures. Then, I saw what it seemed like a rock in a fish pond but when i draw nearer. IT WAS 3 FRIGGIN' TURTLEs! I've never seen a pawikan ever so yesterday's encounter was my first time. AND I got to see 3 of them. It was so cool and huge. And I don't know what it was doing in the fishpond since it's one of the endangered species~ I feel bad for them. tsss..


"Vista Mar Photoshoot"

When I was about to say this year was the worst summer vacation I had. Well, it's not too late. It was my first time to tag along with my cousin. He already had countless photoshoot experience and yesterday was just the first of many shoot that I may be engaging. It wasn't that bad. I mean, the hassle thing about having a photoshoot is location location location. We had to jump to different places to find a really suitable place. A FREE spot. So, when we got to Vista Mar, it was a perfect place. The rain hadn't really got in the way, the weather made it more engaging than a clear day for a photoshoot.













Ever wonder why I have a lot of pictures shot behind me?

Damn! the beach was so awesome, like I really wanted to jump off the railings and just dive into the water. :D


Hmmmm... stolen?


The day went smoothly, my cousin's models were really fun and I had a great time. Considering I was just an assistant but I had a fair share of my own "shoot" (LOL). See~? I was so friggin' ecstatic.Haha!



"Timeless"

Supossedly, kuya gelo had to take pictures that had something to do with the theme called "Timeless". So we headed this morning to Sto. NiƱo and recreate the image we planned yesterday to get that winning shot. Kuya Wel decided to come as well and help kuya Gelo find the perfect compositon, incorporating the essential elements to have a good story.

The plan was... to have a scripted shot, obviously. We both had to pretend that we were people in the present, equipped with modern camera (my nokia C5-00 phone) to take the shot. And that old man on the left side had a really old camera with him and that makes him the guy who's supposedly left behind with the modern world.

BUT what's really striking with this picture is~


Err... so what's wrong with this picture again?

0 comments:

Post a Comment