Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1 2 KnockOut

I wish I hadn't. I wish i hadn't enrolled and just worked instead, i could've been more helpful more than getting my ass in school.

This morning my cousin and i decided to apply for a job, it's not really what i wanted or needed right now since it's hard to have a job and study at the same time. But i had to. I had to give it a shot again. 2 months. I've waited 2 months to re-apply again and hoping that this time I'd make it.

We got into the building, 9th floor, few people were there waiting for their name to be called. The room was charged with possibility. I was, I mean... I was hoping that this is it. This time I'm more mature, experienced and prepared for the rematch.

"Eunice Delfin~"
My heart jumped and the place seemed colder than ever.

As we made it inside the office, I had a little chat with two guys who were also anticipating for what our fate will be.

Then there she was, the same lady who interviewed me last June 11 (I had totally remember that day. Everything's still vivid). Again same process: you say something about yourself, why you're applying for the company, interests and hobbies and just plainly sell yourself to get done deal.

My name is Eunice T. Delfin. I'm 19 years old. A third year student in the University of San Carlos, taking up Information and Communication Technology. I have a decent knowledge with computers, it's one of my strengths for applying a position in this company. My hobbies are surfing, photo editting and a little fascination to blogging.

The two guys had weird answers when they were asked about their hobbies and interests. Both answered that they enjoy sleeping and eating. I mean.. uhh.. cmon. You're not supposed to say that. We're supposed to sell ourselves to these guys. NOT make a bad impression. After the initial interview, we were then evaluated one by one. The first guy had to go first so we were sent out. Smiling the guy got out and had a bit of disappointment in his eyes. Then the next one, a couple of minutes later, same facial expression. Defeat. So then it was my turn.


Paraphrasing. coversation went like this...



Interviewer: So from the assessment you have complied, you did well . How long do you think for you to continue your studies?

eun: *awkward silence* uhhh.. I'm currently enrolled as i speak.

Interviewer: Well, this changes everything. *She has that smirk in her face, the same scorned and evil smile that she gave me when I wasn't able to answer her question last April. tsss...* I was assuming you weren't enrolled. What is your class schedule?

eun: uhh... MWF 10:00-5:30, TTh 1:30-3:00.

Interviewer: Well eunice, You have to undergo a training that starts at 12pm to 8pm. And you CAN'T miss a day...

eun: Isn't there any other schedules for the training?

Interviewer: I'm sorry but we'll also be having shifting schedules for the training that may affect your class. You may apply after two months and it's better to get your priorities straight.

eun: Thank you so much for your time. :)


crushed, defeated, annhialated, demolished, obliterated, overpowered, subjugated, trashed, tramped, decimated... there goes my hope.

So that's pretty much how it went. Clearly, I was upset, who wouldn't be? But whatever, it didn't really crushed every bit of my spirit. I could do it next time. I'm not giving up just yet. And I have to be more spontaneous and flexible to get into that industry.

Wa'y tagay diha? -___-'

1 comments:

meh said...

sayanga eun sa~ oppurtunity na unta to...cge lng naa pay mas better ana eun...e.priority sa ng.skewl...

Post a Comment