Friday, April 20, 2012

Counting Down the days -- The Welcoming

Scene: Small room, a table and two chairs at each end. She was tall, elegant looking, very professional, warm tone and kindly face. And I, on the other hand, sleepy as Hell.

It was half past 11pm and 5 months ago. She asked a lot of questions, specifically situational questions. I sheepishly answered and not quite sure if I've hit every point.

When she felt that I was done and I serioulsy didn't have anything left to justify my answers. She smug and said "Well, we've looked at your scores, resume and qualifications. I believe you will be a great addition to our family. However, it's just that. Your not quite outspoken and confident. Honestly, the first few people I interviewed have more edge than you..."

I felt my heart sank that night. After all I've been through...

"But Eunice, we believe we can help you grow and become a good employee. Please do your best."

It wasn't what I expected. Thought that she was another roadblock and I had to go look for another company.

When I got home, finally I thought, I was given with the chance to work for someone that'll help their employees to do the right job. It was just too good to be true.

It had been of the best days I've ever experienced.


0 comments:

Post a Comment