Sunday, July 1, 2012

I think, the only time I let my guard down is when I let you be in my dreams


We strolled around the back of an old building with a girl I can’t quite remember, her face looked familiar like a person within my waking life.  We followed the path leading to a small mangled hut. I let out a gasp. Another girl in the hut turned in my direction, we locked eyes. “Oh no. She shouldn’t be here. I shouldn’t be here” I thought.  Her frown tightened my throat foiling my words to escape. I pulled my cap down over my eyes and looked away. Her phone rang. Abruptly, she snapped. “DAMN IT EUNICE! WHAT DID YOU TELL THEM?!” I felt my heart jumped out of my throat, my hands were trembling. All eyes were suddenly turned upon me. I felt it all. I walked away, forcing every bit of nerves to avoid eye contact and left. “EUNICE!!!” I didn’t look back. “EUNICE!” I clenched my hands and balled into fists, and everything simply faded.


It was one of those few dreams that hurt for no apparent reason that I can’t explain. Something in my mind is still bearing the past, dragging me back to depths of remorse. I wish I can make everything disappear. I wish I could disappear...



Make it go away please. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment