Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dear blog,

I'm really happy to share this... I met a new friend! His name's Charlie. It's been awhile since i wrote something here, and i think I’m back. Anyway, Charlie’s 15 and he's really something. We met last week and I've been reading his journal, funny how he allows strangers to read his journal. Normally, people do mind when their thoughts are being read.


Anyway, as i progress to every word, sentence, paragraph and page. I think i feel a lot better now. Knowing Charlie’s life and mine somehow are related. Well, minus the crush, LSD, going out to house parties, drinking and smoking. He's a chain smoker by the way. I know what you're thinking, yes, he does feel that it's bad for his health. I'm trying not to get influenced either.


Have i mentioned his taste in music? Man, he's playlist is awesome. Though, mostly of them are old but I don't mind. Listening to them makes you feel timeless. That makes you wish that you should've lived a lot sooner. Asleep, however, by the Smiths, which is now the song I’ve been listening before i doze off, makes me feel infinite. It’s my favorite song now.


He wrote a certain entry that drowned my heart for awhile. His friend died, apparently, suicide. Charlie was not quite sure why. Michael (his friend) didn't left a letter or something but a poem that somehow makes no sense. (I've read it, perhaps I'll post it if ever I feel like writing again.) I feel bad for Charlie. I really do. It suddenly flashed everything I’ve been through for the past few weeks. Not that anyone had died, but knowing someone's out there and talking might be impossible. The looming presence still lingers every now and then. Yet somehow, I’ve gotten used to the feeling and i haven't shed a tear for this week.


I promised Charlie, that I’d finish reading all his entry. And I’d continue to draw every night to keep my mind off of things. I don't know why i stopped drawing before. But somehow, it gives me something that i have to appreciate with my life. I know I’m good at something and I know there's another world out there. But i should not ignore the things i have right now. It's great to be back, i don't feel much like a faker desperately trying to be happy in an instant. Eventually, everything will fall into place. It may take a while but I’m getting there.



To Charlie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment