Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleepwalker's midnight

The clock struck at 12, a nearby grandfather's clock had gone off. It was dark, pitch black darkness all over the room. Not a light gave me that familiar warm feeling.

THUD THUD THUD

What was that? (subconsciously asking)

THUD THUD....

Again? Who could that be making noises at this hour?
Nah... Granny, she could be at the kitchen.

I crawled out of the bed slowly and went out. Dark cold like embrace from the outside breeze shook me.

CLICK. Then there was light.

Gran? Gran? Oh crap, she's not here.

Then i remembered she wasn't here the whole day.

Bummer. Must be someone outside.

CLICK. Lights out.

It took time for my eyes to adjust and then went back into my bed. Insomnia ruled my night. Tired and dying to have that sleep.


CLING CLANG CLINK


I sat up quickly, forgetting how low the bunk bed was and banged my head.

Ow! Darn it!

I fell back clutching my head and felt that searing pain in my head. Bit back the urge to cry and made do with moaning in pain.

Stupid bed!

I waited for a minute for another residual sound. It was distinct like glass hitting faintly against each other. I let the pain weaken and went out again.

CLICK.

Mom?

No one answered.
Suddenly, I had goosebumps and cold damp air brushed the back of my neck.

Great, any minute now, when i turn around, a ghost will be an inch away from my face.

My heart was pounding. The anticipation... Slowly, i turned around...

KYAAAAAAAAAA~H!!!

No one was there.

CLICK.

I crawled back into my bed slowly avoiding my head for another round 2 clash between me and the upper bunk bed. Took my phone laying beside me and listened to my playlist. Then let out a short mocking laugh.


Good night.



0 comments:

Post a Comment