Monday, June 13, 2011

I shouldn't have dozed off

Just last week, I had a really weird experience. After half of a day in school, getting all things done for the enrollment process. Walking up to the 4th floor of the AS bldg., all sweaty and in and out of a airconditioned rooms. It was a bloody hell of a day. I got into my bed, and rolled over. Yet it was such a tiring day I got in touch with a friend and had a chat. Minutes later, I dozed off. That effectively ended further any exchange of good nights.

I sleep like log. Pretty much every night, not a sound could wake me up when i'm asleep. But last week, it was strange. I felt like I was not asleep at all. I thought I have waken up or something, it was still dark, so I tried to grab my phone and check the time. But then, Oddly, i couldn't move. My breathing was shallow, I felt so cold and starting to feel like i was shivering. My mind was inexplicably growing in fear, I kept thinking "move move move!". It got colder than ever, still shivering and my eyes were literally the only thing moving. I thought then, maybe this is it. I'm so done for. My body wasn't responding to what i was thinking and as if the air was slowly sucked out of me of the sheer cold and numb feeling. Lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, heck! I don't know what i was in for. After desperately trying to move anything. I felt my right leg moving. (Finally) Eventually, everything i felt faded to nothing and i guess i've completely woke up.

Suffice to say that was my first time. I even joked about it to my friend who experiences it more than a couple times and even more scarier, that maybe it'll be a cool experience for me. Well, not cool at all.

I grabbed my phone afterwards, i wanted an answer if really i just experienced one of the rare sleep disorders or my mind was just messing with me.

1:45am~ The fear still lingers up until this day. Now i know what she had been dealing with for years. I shouldn't have dozed off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment