Saturday, June 16, 2012

The waves that take you back to shore


I can't remember if we had actually spent father's day with my dad. He hadn't been here in certain occassions like our birthdays and other family day celebrations. He misses them a lot because he had to be someplace else. This is my 2nd time writing an entry to my dad. I know I blog about a lot of things and now I dedicate this entry to our one and only superdad. 

I thank my father, Elias, Ma-ti-yat, yazar, Eleazar. His character has influence me into the person I am today. He is an outspoken, responsible, kind and well dedicated father with his family. I always look up to him. That's why his temporary absences made me a tomboy at heart because of him. 

When I was a kid, my brother and I used to watch his basketball games. He said we just sit at the bench and always beg for a bottle of coke or snacks. He was quite disappointed though everytime he ask us to clap for him when he has the ball. We just mindlessly say "Papa pud oi.. di kbaw mo.shot.

Also, at one time, I had embarassed him during his friend's dad funeral. That night, it was time to pray the rosary. I think I was just around 3 or 4 back then, and they were at the part of the prayer when the prayer leader had to recite the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary. As a kid, I had no clear idea of what people had been responding to every titles for the Virgin Mary. As a call, I responded with the group "Papa yas... Papa yas....Papa yas." (Pray for us.. nyaha! wa'y buot. XD)

I struggled today to make a good entry that would depict my father as a great dad. He is definitely our superhero a person well deserved to be called the number one dad in the world. He believes in us more ways than we could imagine and his only concern is to let us know that he always support us every step of the way.

Despite the fact that, we can't spend most of our day to day life with him around. But one thing is for sure, he never really failed us to provide the things that we need and the love that he always share. 


Thank you Dad! And to all the great dad's out there, Happy Father's Day to you!

halaaaaa~ ang dagway nako. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment