Monday, April 23, 2012

Counting Down The Days -The types of callers

I should note that I have never once worked in a business process outsourcing company or simply a customer service representative before. But you know, being hired got me thinking that this work really fits me well and my thread of patience isn't easily frayed like any other people.

The first month we were on the floor.. crap. Pure and utter horror. Different types of callers drive calm-mannered customer service representatives to commit suicide, murder, or well both. I prefer to choose the first option. But then, I've already killed myself in my head 1,485 times. At every end of the day, we all have same thought "Fuck this. I'm outta here."

In fact, this is an accurate statement "Among any other jobs our guarantee is that the right for everyone to be treated like shit is by customer service." Yes, we are paid to be yelled at, insulted and threatened by our dear customers.

Here are the top 3 callers that I find annoying

The interrupter
These callers are the most frustrating of all the types. They will never NEVER let you finish a single sentence. What's worse? Every time you get to a point where you both clash, the QAs will deduct a point for not letting the customer have a time to talk. I really try my best to say something as quickly as I could but I've thought of a better approach to let them talk and talk and talk until it takes a couple of minutes for the customer to panic "Hello? HELLO? ARE YOU STILL THERE? HELLO???"


Mushmouth
This caller thinks that we are hired to assume that we understand the missing words or sentences that they say. They can never be bothered to complete the syllables. Even though, you know you're speaking with an american, it sounds like a language from the underworld. Did he just wake up? Is she drunk? These are the possible explanations we can think of.


The Jibber Jabber/Mr. Indirect
These particular callers babble about things that may not be related with their purpose. They make you wait long enough that you'll end up yawning and well, asleep. And you maybe lucky enough to save your voice by just letting them do all the talking. They can also be a perfect opportunity to take a leak, chat with the person beside you, clean up your desk and write a novel about time management.  And without ever getting to the point of their call, yes, they are a complete waste of time.

I don't really hate these people, in fact I'm quite thankful. I've learned to suppress anger and on top of that my creativity of killing people in my head had gotten better. Mwahahahaha! .



0 comments:

Post a Comment