Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Father's day tribute


Every 3rd sunday of june we celebrate the day of our eager fathers. It's the time when we recognize how overwhelmingly hard they work for us, provide our needs and get our butts in school. Though, it doesn't mean that we only have to cuddle and express our gratitude to this day only. Everyday is father's day as well as mother's day, christmas, thanksgiving and etc.
I guess, some kids are lucky enough to be spending their day with their dads today.

Knowing my father works on a ship. 10 mos. Every year without a day to go home and spend at least an hour with us. It was a great sacrifice. Nevertheless, his motivation kept him working away for 10 years.

I never knew Elias that much,( Ehe. nickname sa ako papa) sometimes his birthday confuses me if it's Nov. 24,25 26. I know i know, i'm such a terrible daughter. My memory doesn't serve me too well on birthdays. But i really respect him so much that i'm almost tipping my toes when he's around.

These are the things i did, or things i can never forget from my father.

...He was once crowned as Ms. Gay on the company he was working, before he became a seaman. (No, he's not gay. He volunteered)
...He was a chain smoker back then but he managed to quit.
...He locked me up in a really dark room when i was a kid, i was hysterical.
...He's tempermental, and somehow i inherited it.
...I used to wear his shirts or sleep with them on certain days when i really miss him.
...Spent the best summer ever in dumaguete.
...Lastly, the piggy back rides! Yeah! XD

Though he wasn't there mostly on our birthdays and christmas, never witnessed how we grew, never knew what we went through w/o him around. Overall, he's our number one superhero. :D

2 comments:

meh said...

ayy..k.touching~
piggy back rides ^__^
LOL g.lock ka sa kwrto..ahaha
bugoy guro ka msyado eun~ ahaha

Ace Midlife Ennui said...

hahahaha.. :D

Post a Comment