Saturday, August 27, 2011

Warrior's Run 2011

There had been countless of fun runs held in cebu, and the activity entice cebuanos to take part. Majority of the Runs are for fundrasing campaigns and some are held for challenges. This morning our school held the first ever Warrior's Run with categories from 5K, 10K to 15K.

Today, was totally awesome, I think it was the best experience ever. At first, I was a bit reluctant to participate. I mean, look at me. I thought I was too anxious, that perhaps i couldn't make it. That I bit more than i could chew.

The event started almost past 5:30, and we got there around 4:30. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Who would know that I'd sign up to do the run. Though I was not alone. I was with my cousins and some of my classmates, still, I was scared that I'd pass out or I'd be the last person to arrive at the finish line.

As I waited in the crowd, everyone was so pumped up. And I was just standing there and I remember saying to myself "Dear God I'm really doing this." The feeling was overwhelming like a flood of confusion and excitement was too much. Then minutes later, we cheered and started running. It was so exciting of doing something that I've never done before for myself. I tried not to care about what people think as I ran and walked, vice versa. I was on my own little adventure, surrounded by hundreds of people and we all faced the same challenges.

Today has been one of those days were I felt like it was an out of body experience. That I did something I've never done before, something that I didn't think I could ever be able to do.

WOOT! XD



photo taken by: Miciel Abalos

0 comments:

Post a Comment