Friday, August 26, 2011

USC Intramurals Week

If you're going ask students what school activity they'd really look forward to. Any student will tell you that they're up for the Intramurals. It really feels good when it's a week before the event. I don't know. I felt like ditching my classes or fast forward for a week off without getting into class and listening to our instructors. Not that I'm not really "passionate" enough for my educational responsibility. I mean, come on. Give us a fuckin' break. It's nice to de-stress ourselves anywhere besides school. :D

Quite honestly, I was upset for not representing our College. I wanted to play with the Table Tennis team or Basketball team. It would be cool If I had played and surprised anyone that I could also be athletic or something. Like, sometimes, having those moments wherein you're the toast of the town, and people you know pats on your back when you have actually come up to the platform with a number "1" on it. That would be nice, really nice. But nah, I wanted to but i didn't had the time to try for the try-outs.

All through out the week, the week that I looked forward too, the week that everyone had been waiting, the week that anyone would think a decent break from school. Scratch that. It turned out to be hassle week. In our department we were given a sheet for attendance. I think some departments also had one, the same format, same approach. From the appeal itself our college was desperate to get our asses in school. Bummer. Really.

Today was the closing program of the event. Awards were given to respective colleges and outstanding students in sports. But I noticed, even though we go to the same school, sometimes the rivalry gets personal with the other colleges, which is a shame, but somehow it happens when were all together in one place. I wouldn't lie, really, I had a good laugh with all the chants and boos. I guess, the Engineering vs. School of Health Care Professions are ultimately in clash. Like over the past years I've attended those activities, the insults haven't change. They have really gone to direct competitors in school. As for the rest of the colleges? They don't' really dare to stand off, but I guess in behalf of our college and the other colleges, we're just painfully shy. (LOL) It wouldn't hurt to connect more with people, that's what I thought. It was the same 'ol camaraderie, "kami ra di ri" concept. HAHA!

Like I said, it was rare for everyone to cheer on one team. But then, when the announcing of the winners of the popjazz competition, everyone applaud to each colleges that really deserved the trophy.

Congratulations! College of Arts and Sciences for winning 1st runner up place in popjazz competition.

And to the College of Fine Arts and Architecture for placing as champions for this year, knocking off the college of engineering from their winning streak.

0 comments:

Post a Comment