Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Butterfly Effect

"Hey!"

"Hey. I'm sorry. Have we met?"

"Yep."

"So... You're waiting for the train as well?"

"Yeah sort of. Well, no. I saw you were heading here, so I followed you. You know, I think it's time we have the talk"

"That doesn't sound really happy or quite the talk I'm expecting. You see, I don't know if you heard me the first time really, I don't know you."

"Fran, How do you measure someone that is important to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you make a lists of priorities? choices? decisions?"

"I don't really do those kind of things. I mean, I'm already a bit preoccupied with school, work, bills..."

"Just as i thought. I see the effect of what you're living now is more important than how tired your legs are. Or how you've never had the chance to cool off in a park, talk to your past acquaintances, how you've never try to acknowledge that inside you're still a kid. You've been working so hard, I know. One day, you'll be great. You'll prove to everyone that you'll be as successful as anybody else. But..."


"Bloody hell.. who are you?"

"Besides that, you know what the worst part is?"

"What?"

"This isn't the first time we had this conversation."

"You know what, First of all I don't know you. And.. And I'm not even sure why I had this conversation with you!"

Annoyed and frustrated, she got up and took her luggage and quickly walked towards the crowd.

"Someday, we'll leave this place, Fran. We'll roam around this world strangers and the memories you had. Gone. If you beat yourself up most of the time, sooner or later you will either live or die."

She stopped. And turned around.

"I think that's stupid."


There was silence.






"Yeah.. I know."
That time. I knew the time machine never took me back to the right place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment